Thursday, March 31, 2011

Julie & Julia

I just had the pleasure of watching this amazing movie last night :-). Although my days of working at a pizzeria are long gone, the very basic plot had so much to relate to! Julie Powell is a frustrated writer working a boring job at a call center. She finds the adventure she'd been waiting for in her kitchen, daring to cook over 500 recipes in just 365 days. On top of that, she has to blog about every single recipe. I am sure I do not have to say much more to make you understand how this hit me close to home (although there is certainly much more pressure on Powell's challenge when compared to my recent photographic efforts). But it was, nevertheless, simply delightful to watch this true story unfold and to imagine what I will still have to go through in my own little experience. So far, I have enjoyed it very much and I am very thankful for doing this while I am still young and single. But who knows? Maybe when I have my own wife and kitchen I'll find myself inspired to pick up a copy of Mastering The Art of French Cooking and get to work. It's never as fun to cook just for yourself, is it?


Current favorite picture from my album.
Tell me yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment