Saturday, March 12, 2011

How Far is the East from the West?

One thing I've been fighting against recently is a feeling that I don't belong to the Lord anymore. In the morning, as I open my eyes, it weighs down in my heart like ice as I whisper, 'Please don't leave me'. I know it isn't true. Far from it, in fact. But it is a reminder that the enemy is always trying to convince me to abandon my first love. I think he likes to take advantage of my loneliness and fears. As I was reading Hebrews last night, He said  "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." 

And again, 

"So that [...] we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us".

I think if I could hear his voice, He'd be whispering back, "never".

No comments:

Post a Comment