Sunday, June 5, 2011

Countdowns...

Apparently Taylor Swift reminds me of blogger? As I was randomly listening to "Fearless" it occurred to me that it had been way too long since I last updated this blog. So here we go.

I am so excited for the good things that should be happening soon and yet feeling a little trapped, at the mercy of time and its slow pace..........................

Alyssa
*3 days - My sister Alyssa gets back from Europe. I can't wait to give her a hug and hear all about her time in Hungary. She has been away for 9 months and we'll only have 28 days together!

*12 days - School is out for the break. It happens the same way every year. Whenever the end is near, I start doing things automatically and feeling like a schedule slave. But God is good and He continues to give me strength whenever I need it. I can hardly believe we are this close to the close of the semester! It has been a very blessed year so far. I have been privileged to be used by God in the lives of my students and to watch them grow.

*31 days - Germany. I don't really know what to expect anymore. It seems like my plans always turn out to be completely different than anticipated. But I pray the Lord will do His will through me. I want to be a blessing there. To the children I will be teaching, to my dear friends and to whoever else I may meet. I've had my heart set in that country for the past year and I do not believe it happened purposelessly.  In just over a month, I'll be able to unveil a bit more of God's plan for my life. Pretty exciting stuff...

~Please pray for one of our students who has been diagnosed with leukemia. His name is Samuel and he is only 2 years old.~

No comments:

Post a Comment