Wednesday, May 4, 2011

God is Good

Freddy
Why, hello.

It has obviously been a while since I last updated this blog. I think I was subconsciously aware of the fact, but it was not brought to my attention until yesterday. So here I am :-).

I am amazed by the Lord's goodness. Even though I constantly fall short of His standards, He is so quick to take me as I am and love me anyway. Here in Brazil, I've been spending most of my time working at the school, teaching English in the morning and Bible classes in the afternoon. It has been challenging. The age group is different and therefore my classroom dynamic has had to drastically change from what I was used to doing. So as time went by, I slowly got caught into the whirlpool of routine. Even my photographic efforts have become a part of it. Every day doing the same thing over and over again until you get dizzy. It is most dreadful.

And then it hits you. At the end of the day, where are your friends? Who is going to lie under the stars with you and have those late-night conversations you desperately long for? Who is going to tell you they love and accept you the way you are? And when it comes to you, can people begin to understand just how much love and loyalty you have to give away!? But there is no one to take it. And it weighs down in your heart like ice.

That is what I felt like this morning. And as I silently prayed about it, God reminded me that all I need is Him. But He didn't just stop there. He cared about me so deeply that at the end of the afternoon, as I frustratingly tried to call my best friend who is overseas, my Skype rang. It was an old friend of mine, Frederik Knoll, from Germany. I hadn't spoken with him in a whole year. But there he was, like clockwork, when I needed a friend the most. I didn't even talk to him about what I had been feeling. For that moment, all the pain was gone and it hasn't returned since. I turned off my iPod with a huge smile across my face. 

God is good. I've only a month left to get through... And I've got Him on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment